Thursday, September 5, 2013

Food Groups and Musical Variety

June Raspberries

YUM! Mixed variety of raspberries










I've been listening to a big variety of music lately.
It started me thinking about how important a variety of music might be to make sure to get a balanced diet of the arts.

Seriously, I can only listen to a few songs of certain kinds of music (Bluegrass, Hard Rock, serious Jazz) before I NEED to hear something else.  Then I go back to my standard courses of salad, favorite cheese, chicken, garden veggies kind of music.


But it is really good for me to try a little kimchee, chili rellenos, Thai tea and others that I don't have much of in my diet.  Pizza is a nice change, but I wouldn't want to eat it every day.  Same with music.

I got a package in the mail recently of a new children's CD called Gratitude Attitude    They included one my songs "Only Take What You Need" which I wrote and recorded a few (quite a few) years back on Around the World with Earth Mama.  It is a Dixieland Jazz song that is another version of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle concept.  I still love to sing it in concert and get folks, young and old to sing along.  And I was tickled pink that several reviews of Gratitude Attitude mentioned my song as one of their family favorites.

But I may never write or record another DixieLand tune.  It's not really at the core of what I do, so I really enjoyed the variety of doing it once.

There is a world of tasty music out there!! What do you listen to when you want to hear something different?    



No comments:

Post a Comment