Sunday, September 2, 2012

Keep Your Friends Close and Your Anemones Closer


White Anemones in Fall Garden

Five or six years ago I planted anemones in a little corner garden called the Moon Garden.  I planted all white flowers there, so in a full moon the white blossoms shine magically.  I became impatient (a little pun) with the anemones after about four years, when they dawdled along looking pretty puny and not blooming at all.

So I had a little talk with them, telling them how I looked forward to seeing them shine with the rest of the white blooms. I was actually clenching my jaw and thinking, “One more year of you taking up space with no parade of pretty flowers and you will be replaced.”  

I’m glad I held my tongue and spoke to them nicely.  See what they did this year?

And didn’t Jesus say:  Love your anemones.  ?

2 comments:

  1. OK, so one little blue/purple spiderwort snuck into the patch...it is ALMOST all white garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought you'd Fall for your Anemones!

    ReplyDelete